top of page

Getting Ready


Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the required travel documents. The requirements described below are required by government regulations and policies. They are subject to change without notice. 


Ideal Luxury Cruise Travel strongly recommends that all guests travel with a passport that is valid for at least 6 months beyond the end of the cruise.  


It is the sole responsibility of the guest to identify and obtain all required travel documents for the entire cruise vacation and have them available when necessary. These appropriate, valid travel documents - passports, visas, family legal documents  and inoculation certificates - are required for boarding and re-entry into the United States and other countries.


Guests who do not possess the proper documentation may be prevented from boarding their flight or ship or from entering a country and may be subject to fines.


No refunds will be given to individuals who fail to bring proper documentation.





The following requirements are for sailings from a United States port to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada/New England, Hawaii, Alaska, Panama Canal and Mexico.


United States and Canadian Citizens:


You MUST have one of the following:


  • A valid United States or Canadian passport. For additional United States passport information visit the United States Department of State travel information website at or the Passport Canada website at Visa Central is the passport and visa service that we recommend, should our guests need passport and visa assistance. You may contact Visa Central for all your passport needs. Visa Central can obtain passports in as little as one day. 





  • United States citizens on cruises that begin and end at the same port in the United States can use a original government-issued picture ID (i.e. driver's license) AND an original government-issued birth certificate or original Naturalization Certificate.

  • Minors under the age of 16 will be able to present either an original government-issued, original or certified copy of his or her birth certificate; a Consular Report of Birth Abroad Issued by DOA; or Certificate of Naturalization issued by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.


Note: Baptismal papers and hospital certificates of birth are NOT acceptable. Military identification cards, voter registration cards or Social Security cards are NOT considered proof of citizenship.




United States Permanent Residents:


You MUST have the following:



  • United States Permanent Resident Card. Click here for additional information.



- AND -



  • A passport from your home country is strongly recommended.



Canadian Legal Residents:


You MUST have the following:



  • Passport from your home country.



- AND -



  • Original copy of your Permanent Resident Card (PR Card), formerly the IMM 1000.



- AND -



  • Multiple entry United States visa (if applicable).


bottom of page